Crisp air, cider donuts, and spooky houses. What’s not to love about fall? From the beautiful fall foliage to the pumpkin patches and expertly decorated homes, autumn is a great time to live in Maine. This blog is all about celebrating Halloween in Maine. We’ll talk about local Halloween festivities and tips for DIY Halloween decor.
Halloween Traditions and Events in Maine
Over the years, Halloween has morphed into the spooky event we know today. Traditions like trick-or-treating, dressing up in costumes, eating sweets, carving pumpkins, and connecting with the paranormal and the spine-chilling have become synonymous with the holiday.
From corn mazes and parades to haunted houses and pumpkin decorating, you can find many family-friendly events in Maine.
- Presque Isle Haunted History Lantern Tours
- Learn how to make Healthier Halloween Treats at Frinklepod Farm
- The Annual Pumpkin Patch Trolley At Seashore Trolley Museum
- Hoot & Howl: Family Halloween at the Children’s Museum and Theater of Maine in Portland
DIY Home Halloween Decorating Tips
Transform your home for the spooky season and make your space look more frightfully festive than ever with our collection of creative Halloween decorating ideas.
- Don’t carve your pumpkins. Paint them in bold colors. Check out local farms for an array of uniquely shaped gourds. Before you start painting, clean your pumpkin with soap and water. Simply choose a color scheme you love that matches your home’s color scheme. Acrylic or spray paint will hold up to weather and temperature changes outdoors. You can get creative with colors, patterns, and spooky themes.
- Add fall flowers and foliage to your home. Floral Halloween decorations will make your home feel festive but elegant, too. Design a Halloween wreath from fresh flowers, or add a fiery combination of marigolds and celosia to your planters. Remember, you can't go wrong if you use colors that complement your home’s natural surroundings.
- Create a Halloween Centerpiece. A beautiful centerpiece is the perfect final flourish for dining table decoration. The options are endless, from tall vases of fall foliage to candles, pumpkins, berries, drippy wax candles, or any other seasonal finds.
Experience. Trust. Peace of Mind
We hope you enjoyed learning more about Halloween in Maine. While we love to celebrate this ghoulish holiday, we also love to help people purchase their dream home ( spooky or not). We know buying a home is a big decision, and we are here to help no matter the season. Knowing that you have someone looking out for you provides peace of mind to homebuyers. If you have questions about preapproval, mortgage loans, or refinancing, let one of our experts help you through the homebuying process. Together, we can make the dream of homeownership a reality. Contact KFS Mortgage Company today to learn how we can help you with your Maine mortgage needs.